Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Vacation EVER! Part I, CDO

I think when I left off, I had just hit the red sports car with my golf ball. Helluva shot really! High, straight, just a tad too long. I went back to the little course another day and saw the same car parked in the same spot. I DID notice a little dent too. But who knows if that was me?

Anyway, that was in Angeles City. I was in Angeles waiting for my buddy. But he wouldn't be there for another week, so I decided to go to Subic Bay, Olongapo, Baguio, Tarlac or some other nearby tourist town. But no sooner had I made this decision, consulted the travel agent at my hotel and decided on Subic than I was slammed by the usual new country ague I ALWAYS get. It was worse than usual though. Much worse. I was in my hotel for a week all feverish and coughy. Ha ha ha. Coughy. The worst of it was I had no appetite. I almost felt sick just thinking of food. So with all the ab exercise from coughing my glasses off, and the week of almost completely liquid diet, I trimmed off a few pounds. All my pants were noticeably looser. So silver lining and all that.

So I met up with my friend, spent another week in Angeles checking out everything that's changed in the two years since I've been there and also going to the old favourites. Then after a bit of a struggle to extend my visa and plane ticket back to Korea, we packed up and went to Caguyan De Oro down south in Mindanao.

I don't remember taking a night off. Every day go for a swim in the pool to kill the hangover and every night check out a new bar. It was great! Oh sure we checked out malls and got massages and did some other touristy things during the day, but CDO was all about the nightlife. And man it was fun!

Then after we'd seen most of the bars and we both felt like we could use some time off the booze, I went to Camaguin and my buddy went to Manila.

Camaguin definitely needs a new post.


This is the pool at our hotel: The Country Village Hotel. 1700 pesos a night. A bit steep but, hey, look at the pool!

Here's a picture of me enjoying the pool. I think I only missed one day of swimming while I was in CDO. I can't remember what the reason was. Probly sunburn. I got a good one swimming with no sunblock. But as you can see from my shiny white bod, I didn't have it before this pic was taken.















Then, funny story. One morning at around 9 am. when no self-respecting barhopper would even think of waking up, outside my room there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I staggered with a scowl, and opened the curtains wearing only a towel. Then what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bevvy of babes all in two-piece swim gear. The mid-morning sun gave its lustre below, to 19 pretty maids standing all in a row. Contestants they were, vying for "Miss Patag". And some pretty additions to this boring blog.














I figure #11 or #18 won it. I vote for #18, (the girl on the right), cuz she posed for a pic with me. Beauty and the beast! Poor girl. She could probly smell gin sweating out every one of my pores. But it's her own fault. I woulda been in the pool washing that sweat off if they weren't using it for the beauty contest.


Anyway, since I didn't bring my cam. to the bars with me, that'll be it for the CDO post. It was fun but not that photogenic.

No comments: