Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Survivor Brazil Predictions, (first episode spoiler alert)

Already! That means I'm gonna be back at work before too long. Boy time flies when you're getting old!

I'm gonna do things a bit different this time. I waited till after the first episode this time to make my predictions. Every other bit of info I have is from the Survivor website. I didn't do so well last time but I think getting to know the survivors for one episode's gonna make a huge difference! Here goes:

Tyson- THIS guy is a Mormon?!? I think he might just be the most interesting survivor this time around. Probst seems to think so too saying he looks like trouble. His first impression of Erinn was that she might be a bitch and unlike the Mormons I know who wear very specific undergarments at all times, he was the first to get nekkid on the show. Immediately colourful. He did his mission, (and wore those specific undergarments the whole time), in the Philippines so the heat won't be a prob. He's a swimmer and a cycler but doesn't look threateningly athletic. His favourite movie is "The Jerk". Good. His favourite survivor is Johnny Fairplay. Bad. He figures arrogance might be his downfall and he obviously has no shortage of that! I was noticing that there was no token homosexual on the show this time when suddenly Tyson started talking about what he'd spend the winnings on. Furs for his shoulders, jewels for his pretty fingers and a tiara? Could be why he dropped outta BYU. Gay or not he's gonna be flamboyant. I can't see him exiting early. I could see him winning. Not sure if I want him to or not yet.

Sydney- I don't see much to her but the fact that she's gorgeous. Says that people will get on her nerves and when Carolina was talking about getting the shelter done Sydney was the most vocal in disagreeing because it was too much work. I think the tribe will live to regret that since it gets VERY rainy where they're at and they're sleeping on the ground. Says she will lie, cheat and steal. She voted for Stephen in the first impression vote probably more because he looked geeky than for his corporate soullessness. I think it was probobly her more than Spencer that killed their team on the maze and lost the challenge. Don't like her and don't think her looks will keep her around long.

Sierra- Sore throat or not she looked pretty weak. But won the whole crew over by using her craftiness, (as in arts and crafts), to make a shelter. Everyone forgave her. Everyone, that is, but Coach. However, if it's a good shelter and it rains soon, which it's gonna, maybe coach will forgive her too. She put on a show, (not just because she didn't wear her panties), in the first challenge. Probst really likes her. I think I'll agree that she is gonna be surprisingly strong and she'll last for a while. Don't forget she DID make the obvious decision about the immunity idol but for the social, not the strategic reason. Nonetheless she has the first clue to the whereabouts of the immunity idol and lots of time to find it.

Coach- If anyone will rival Tyson for the title of most interesting survivor this time I think it'll be this guy. But I think I'm gonna like Tyson a lot better than Coach. Probst said he could listen to his adventure stories all day long but wouldn't let him date his daughter. I think that says it all. He kayaked 6000 miles alone for crying out loud! But he's in love with himself and his downfall is GONNA be his strategy to lead the group. He was coaching his tribe in orientation during the hike to camp. And although this guy navigated all over the world he didn't get his team to camp before nightfall. So maybe he was in reality lost at sea on that famous 6-month journey. Actually called himself a genius and many times a "Renaissance man". Well the literal translation of that is "rebirth" and you gotta die before you're reborn. I don't think his alliance with Brendan will get him anything but stabbed in the back. And probably deservadly so. Says he's gonna leave bodies in his wake as he gets from A to B. Wrong strategy.

Candace- One of the few things I hate about Survivor is that they ALWAYS have lawyers on the show. For ONCE I won't be voting for the lawyer to get snuffed out early. I am totally in lust with this gal. If I were in her tribe, I would write someone else's name down just to keep her hot bod around. And hey, she's not a PRACTICING lawyer any more. However, I, like Probst, find it hard, uh difficult, to believe her when she says things haven't come easy, uh been easy for her. I wonder if she got all those scholarships and passed the bar on her first try purely through hard work. Was it real hard work or was it like when her, Sierra, Deb and Tyson went to get water and she was up on the hill watching the other three and DRINKING water while they did all the work? Says she hasn't had a challenge lately. Well she hasn't dazzled me yet by stepping up to this one. But she HAS dazzled me in other ways. Unfortunately the nice boobs are usually voted off fairly early. I think it's cuz they're hard not to notice. She might be a princess and if anyone actually can't handle the elements I'd put my money on Candace or Erinn.

Stephen- Thinks he might get eaten. I think that would be GREAT television. Has worked in corporate America for the last 7 years. He calls it "soul-sucking" work so he's probably lost most or all of his soul. His plan is to look innocent and get other people to suggest dirty moves for him. Thinks the good old boys will hate him. I agree. I think I will hate him too. Hope he gets voted off fast but if he shows ANY athleticism he will probly have a good chance to make it to the end. But I doubt it will be without making enemies along the way.

Jerry- Looks a lot younger than he is! I think he's smart to keep his military training on the down-low. Probst and I agree that he has an instantly likeable personality. He CAN lead but ain't gonna. I think that's smart too. I want him to get the money more than anyone and he'll be one of my favourites. He's got all the tools. I think for once a guy I'm voting for COULD win!

Carolina- Kinda glad she's gone because every time her name was pronounced that way it made me cringe. However, it's another woeful case of the breasts getting voted off early. This is one where Probst was wrong. He figured she'd be around a while for her cuteness. She said that in the beginning she was going to try to work on unity in the tribe. Yet she was perceived as being whiney and complaining the most. And then at tribal council she announced to the whole world that she IS whiney and DOES complain the most! Dizbrain!

Debra- I have a feeling I'm gonna like this chick a lot! Just like Bob from last season, (who shoulda won dammit!), I have an instant affinity for her because of her occupation. But she looks to have a really cool personality too. Says she'll be the life of the party and the clown. I think everybody is gonna like her. And with all the working out she does they'll forget all about her age. I also like her cuz she's smokin' HOT! If I were a student at her school I'd LOVE to be sent to the principal's office! She's probably one who I'll be voting for to win it all. But it's early. I could change. She does have some glaring weaknesses. Says she's way too trusting, wears her heart on her sleeve and tends to want to lead. Could be tragic.

Sandy- Two things she said that stick out to me: 1. I have to try to figure out what a "pace" is. And 2. "Why the hell do I even wanna waste my energy on tryin to get in your good graces when I ain't eith- why- neitha- never- there- wudn't an option?" Like Probst I think she'll be lucky to last another vote. If Carolina hadn't commited suicide Sandy'd probably be driving bus now. I don't think she'll have much time to mother her tribe or "caress them in (her) breast." However, when she was voted for in the first impressions vote she DID say that a young one will get voted off first. And she was right! God help me I like this old gal! She spices up the tribe! Even though she probably didn't know what "curry favour with the tribe" meant in the immunity idol clue, she DID rename her tribe Jalapeno! Unfortunately she'll have to do more than believe to achieve. Her strategy is to not get voted for because her tribe wins immunity challenges. I think that's her only chance and she did a great job in the first challenge. Also she may be able to weather the first vote against her. All she has to do is ask somebody what the hell a pace is.

Taj- I'm gonna lu dis girl! And why not? She's a singer and out of the gozillions of girls that throw themselves at successful NFL stars like Eddie George, he picked her. There MUST be something to her! I love two other things about her: 1. Her strategy of "nurturing you right out the door." and 2. giving the winnings to kids from abusive households. Cuz we KNOW she doesn't need the money! She's doing it for the fun and to lose weight. And good for her! She says she's snappy. But let's face it, a big old black lady is gonna get away with that. She sure snapped Carolina's ass straight out the door didn't she? And Carolina was thanking her for it! My early female fave.

Brendan- I think this is the smartest guy in the game and I think he's going to win. I don't vote for him because he's rich, but I think he'll probably deserve to win. He voted for Erinn in the first impressions vote and I think that was the smart vote. He has already been approached for an alliance and I don't think this'll be the last or the best offer he receives. He might play dirty but I think he'll outwit more than anyone. He has already said that nobody wants a Coach during the Survivor experience so we'll see how that plays out. I think Coach is toast soon. He showed strength, but not too much of it, during the challenge. I don't think I'll be too upset if he wins. And that'll be nice since the last few shows HAVE been won by people who I didn't want to win.

Erinn- Salon worker. Says only 15% of her job is doing hair, the rest is people skills. She'll need them because she hasn't made a great first impression. She likes the looks of Tyson but he thinks she looks like a bitch. Says she tends to blurt things out. Like already, "What the hell am I doing here?" Her last camping trip was in 7th grade. Says she's tough but I'm not buying it. Although she kicked ass on the maze in the immunity challenge. If she survives it'll be because she completely disappears.

J.T.- I just know I'm gonna like this guy. He's a country boy with a brain. Kinda like my own self, hyuck! He's got a lot going for him at a young age so he's got some savvy. Absolutely kicked ASS on the first challenge! Left everybody so far behind on the running part I think he slowed down so as to not stand out so much. He has a good strategy, to ally until they're down to 6 or 7 then throw the alliances out the window. He's a good fisherman. He's the guy who did the map and compass work that got his tribe to camp early enough to make up for time Sandy wasted looking for the idol. He says the heat and mosquitoes won't be a problem. But Alabama is hot and DRY I think. The rain might be problematic. But I can't see him giving up because of it. If a man wins I hope it's J.T.

Spencer- Youngest ever on Survivor. Probst says he's got a good head on his shoulders but could get played. I agree. Says he's used to teamwork from playing sports but I doubt his teams ever tried to backstab him. He'll have to be on the lookout for that. He is smart and well spoken. In the beginning he was thinking. Told his team to get lots of rope from the truck. Has seen all the Survivors so that should help him. If he doesn't get too hungry I think he'll do okay. He looks to be the kind of player I vote for. Could win but I think he'll play too honestly so it's a long shot.

Joe- Is in real estate. He's probably not hard up for money. A proud Texan. He carried a lot on the trek to camp so he's strong. I think he coined the name "Psycho Sandy" so he has a sense of humour. I don't know if that'll stick though it is appropriate. Him and Spencer saved Sandy. However, Spencer was smart in that he was saying positive things about Sandy whereas Joe was dissing Carolina. This might be a negative for him. Especially if it keeps up.

So to recap, MEN: I think either Tyson or Brendan will win. I vote for Jerry and J.T. WOMEN: I think either Debra or Taj are gonna win. I vote for Taj and Debra.

Can't wait for next show.

No comments: