Thursday, October 23, 2008

Battling Appliances II

Just a continuation of the last post. I see the one mistake that I made now. Boy it really helped to take photos of those gauges! It's almost impossible to see them because they're in a really tight spot. So I didn't notice that the gauge I thought was on 27 was actually all the way off. Still, it didn't turn the heater off did it? So it doesn't matter that I made a mistake.
Anyway I just finished work. It's almost 6 o'clock and I have my heater fighting with my air conditioner again. I called Jung, the guy around here who has been burdened with the unenviable task of fielding us foreigners' complaints. He called the Idon'tcaretaker and he immediately came into my room. You know what he did? He threw the breaker switch. Exactly like I had. So I told him it doesn't work and he says to me, I am not kidding, I still can't believe this but, I mean it's one of the crazier things I've heard here and I've heard a lot of crazy things, you are not gonna believe this, he says, "Tomorrow." Tomorrow my heater will be turned off. What? I thought maybe it would take 24 hours to cool down but that would be impossible wouldn't it? I mean I could have a woodstove fully loaded and it wouldnt' take that long. You turn your heater off and it stays on for 24 hours, then shuts off. Just in case? In case, um, you aren't quite sure if you want it off and you'll need a day to decide for sure? What the fuck? I mean really what the friggin' fargin' freakin' fuck? Is there any possible way that this guy isn't just messing with me and doesn't just want me to go through a second night without sleep?

OINK!
that means only in Korea

No comments: